2020-2021 School Year Information
Wilkes County Schools will operate under Plan B for the 2020-2021 School Year. Plan B for Wilkes County Schools will be an A/B schedule, with 50% of students coming to school every other day. Students will be learning remotely on the days they do not attend in person. We will operate schools Monday through Friday of each week, with additional cleaning of buildings taking place each day after school and during transitions. Social distancing guidelines will be followed daily. To view specific requirements our schools will be implementing please click on the links below:
Remote Learning is available as an option for any family who does not wish for their child to attend under Plan B. Students who choose to attend Wilkes County Schools through remote learning will have the same expectation as those students who are under Plan B learning on a face-to-face A/B day schedule. Attendance will be taken every day, assignments will be given and graded, and there will be tests. There will not be any grades such as "Pass" or "Withdrawal" through the remote learning plan. Students who choose to enroll in remote learning must be committed to the remote learning option for at least the first nine weeks of the 2020-2021 school year.
What will remote learning look like in 2020-2021?
- Students will be expected every day to meet the attendance requirements as established by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. Verification of attendance during remote instruction may include: direct contact with the teacher (phone, email, video conferencing), participation in the class through a live meeting, turning in assignments, or other demonstrations of attendance.
- Students will receive direct instruction from a live teacher presentation via the computer or a recorded version.
- Students will receive the same/similar work as the students attending school under Plan B. Expectations of student work will be given as well as set due dates for all student work.
- Students will return to campus to take all state-mandated tests in a testing environment that follows all safety and health protocols outlined by the state of North Carolina.
- Grades will be given on assignments and tests during remote learning. There will not be any grades of P19 (pass) or W19 (withdrawal).
- Students may return to on-campus instruction after the completion of the first quarter of the 2020-2021 school year. If a student returns to an on-campus learning environment, they may be assigned to a different teacher.
- Students and/or parents must communicate with the school to obtain their assigned devices, if needed, as well as make plans for pick-up/delivery of assignments.
- Parents must monitor their student’s progress to certify they are on track with all assignments and participation requirements of each course.
Would you like to enroll your student in remote learning only? Please click the link below to complete the form. The deadline to complete the enrollment form is July 31, 2020.